Dogs are known to be a man’s best friend, since time immemorial. Adopting an animal is like having one more family member, and well, family means no one left behind, especially when it comes to their day-to-day needs. Today, several businesses cater to this need.
Subscription boxes are the latest trend in the market, and the reason they have been so successful is convenience. All you need to do is decide from the various options, and it will be delivered to you every month around the same time, without fail.
Similar to these, dog subscription boxes have also been a trend with the dog owners. These dog boxes come with toys, customized goodies and other things according to what you choose. They have experts with them who specially customize toys, treats, health-related products and grooming products and grooming kits all in one box.
Best Dog Subscription Box
However, with all the competition, it might be a little difficult to choose the best dog subscription box for your doggo! Well, here are the reviews of some of the best available in the market, and you can choose according to your needs.
BarkBox is the first dog subscription service that need a mention. It is well-known in the market as one of the best dog subscription box services. It is known for its customization and recognized among a wide audience. The product has been given a thumbs up by many as they lived up to their expectation of delivering satisfaction to the pooches.
They have high quality and reliable products that are currently catering to the needs of over 2 million pups and counting; and all at a very low price. The best part of this goodie box is that, if a pup does not like a particular product, they will even send a free replacement.
Bark box also brings another package called the Super Chewer Box.
If your dog has the habit of chewing through any toy, then this one is for you. It has toys that give a 100% guarantee of being tough. If that does not satiate your dog, then the following should. This package also consists of two full-size treat bags and two all-natural meaty chews along with two tough and fluffy free toys.
- The advantage of using BarkBox is that it is quite well-known as it has been endorsed by a lot of people already.
- They give a good amount of discounts now and then, even with their economical pricing.
- Its products and delivery are reliable and can be operated from both Android and iPhones.
- The goodies are picked by the experts that have been working in this field for quite some years now.
- Its only disadvantage is that its subscription keeps renewing automatically.
Its prices are reasonable as it costs $29 for one box, $25 per box for a 6-month subscription and $22 per box for a 12-month subscription.
Its Super Chewer BarkBox that Includes six full-sized products costs $39 for one box for one month, $34 for a 6-month subscription and $29 per box for a 12-month subscription. The shipping of all these boxes is free.
2. Pet Treater
Pet Treater is another option for dog subscriptions. It has three packages depending on your dog’s weight. These packages have toys, treats, grooming kits and many other fancy things. They cost cheaper than the retail prices included.
- This subscription service gives you options according to the weight category your dog falls in.
- With every box that is shipped, a particular amount is donated to an animal shelter.
- You can also customise the diet plans of your dog. You can also make customised boxes for your cats.
- The pricing of the goodies combined are cheaper than the ones you buy from a grocery store.
- Their disadvantage is that renews your subscription, and you cannot have multiple dog discounts or for pre-paid packages.
The price of the packages made by them are – For 3-4 items in a dog pack, it costs $15. For a treat only pack, with 3-4 treats, it costs the same.
For the Deluxe Dog Box, it will cost $25.00 with 5-8 items; for the Cat Pack, the price is $15.00 with 3-4 items, and lastly, for the multi-cat pack, the price is $25 in 5-8 items. You can get your first package from them at $4 using the code: CANINEMINI.
3. Surprise My Pet
It is a dog subscription box that was launched recently in 2015. The most interesting feature of theirs is that of “paw for paw”. Under this feature, if your dog is disinterested in any particular product, they will replace it for free.
This subscription box service is comparatively much more expensive than the previous ones. However, their option variety is wide, and their food quality is top-notch.
One of the reviewers wrote that they had requested a free trial box from Surprise My Pet and surprisingly, they were sent one package too. These customers said that those boxes had treats and toys that their dogs thoroughly enjoyed.
- The advantages that Surprise My Pet gives is that; you can order an extra-mini dog box; just in case you are unsure of whether to order or not.
- It also gives discounts on multiple months subscription.
- The same as Pet Treater, they too donate a small amount of every box sold, to animal welfare.
- You can also replace any item from your package that too for free.
- They do not have telephonic customer support.
- There are no allergy-related customisations
The pricing of the box is as follows: It would cost $35/box for one month for both dogs and cats, $32/box for a 3-month subscription and $27/box for a 12-month subscription.
Each box would contain 5-7 full-sized items, and there is free shipping for all boxes. You can use the coupon code LOVE to get 10% off on your first order.
It is another such subscription box website, designed especially for the heavy chewers.
They made this site, keeping in mind the heavy chewers. You would not find any fluffy toys in it that is easily destructible.
Both the toys and treats are made according to the size of your dog. And if your dog is picky about treats, there is also an option of treats only.
- It is designed specifically for heavy chewers.
- They can customise your dog’s treats if they have beef, chicken or grain allergies.
- It has a “toy option only.”
- They will replace your destroyed toys within 14 days.
- It is much more expensive than the rest of the sites mentioned above.
- A subscription gets renewed automatically.
- They do not make cat boxes
- And you cannot have a multi-pet discount.
The box made by them has 2-3 toys and 3-4 treats or chews. Their toy box contains four toys.
You will have to pay $39 for a one-month subscription, $36 for pre-paid three months, $39 for six months, $31 for a year subscription if it is pre-paid.
Dog subscription services are indeed a blessing for the dog owners who already have a quite busy day-to-day life. However, to chose which is the best dog subscription box service depends on individual to individual and their dogs, of course. The choice is made keeping the comforts and requirements of their dog in mind. Above mentioned are the top dog subscription box services in the market, we hope that it helps you in making an informed and right decision.